Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mother Bear?

A primal instinct that I had no clue that I had kicked in last night. Around 9:15, it started storming really bad. Ken commented, "Well, we'll see how well Josh sleeps through a storm in his nursery." Not five minutes later, we heard the tornado sirens. All that I could think of was the fastest way to cover the 30 feet between Josh's room and ours. It was truly a primal instinct that kicked in at that moment. All I could think about was protecting my baby. It was the first time in my life that I didn't think of my own safety whatsoever.

Ken got the radio on to learn that southeastern Hamilton County was indeed under a tornado warning. We all ended up in the basement. There was not a tornado and we were all able to return to bed by 9:45. Josh slept through it all. Momma and Papa Bear were there to protect their cub (and dog)- that is what matters.

No comments: