Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Waking up Grandpa Mel



My dad, Mel, came to visit and spend the night Monday. This was a real blessing because I woke up and my cold had worsened. Ken convinced me, on his way out of town to Salt Lake City, that to stay home from work. I agreed and went back to sleep. Josh woke up around 6:45 and ate breakfast. After breakfast, he got to wake Grandpa Mel up. The two of them cuddled on the couch for about 20 minutes. Grandpa Mel kept saying, "I'm going to always remember this". In case he forgets, I took a picture!

I decided that it would not be best for Josh to be home with me, so my dad took my car and took Josh to daycare. Grandpa Mel got to be a "first". It was the first time that anyone other than Mommy or Daddy drove him in a car. Grandpa is also the only person other than Mommy to take Josh to daycare. The teachers gave him an "A-" on his grandpa scorecard. Not back for the first try.

I also wanted to share this cute picture. "A boy and his dog" Any time that I get on the floor with Josh, Aggie is right there. Here we got Josh smiling with her.



No comments: