
Over Labor Day weekend, Ken's mom Peg told me that her dream was to go to the Oprah show. When I got home, I decided to look into getting tickets. Believe it or not, they had tickets for Wed-Friday of the following week. I called Peg up and asked her if she was interested. She was free on Thursday, so I "entered" for tickets. The next day, I got an e-mail saying that I had gotten tickets for me and 3 guests. My sister-in-law Megan was free, so mother-in-law and two daughters-in-law started planning their trip.
We decided to get a hotel in northern IN on Wed night. This was a good thing because the traffic and construction made for a long drive. We made it a really girlie night with dinner and doing our nails. Thursday morning we drove from Merrillville to Chicago.
We got a parking spot in the lot right across from Oprah's studio. We went into line a little after 10:00. Then came the waiting game. We went through security and waited until 12:15 when they took us into the studio. Oprah's guest was Ingrid Bettancourt, a woman who had survived 6.5 years as a hostage in the Amazon jungle. It wasn't the happiest of topics, but it certainly was fun to be there. After the taping of our episode, Oprah changed outfits to tape a segment for her animal show. They brought in a really small horse for the segment. We wished that we would have seen the entire animal episode, but at least we saw a little.
It was a wonderful trip. I'm so lucky to have so much fun with my in-laws.

No comments:
Post a Comment