Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sick yesterday better today

Josh was sick yesterday. He has had several colds and two ear infections, but this was the first time that he had a high fever. We started to suspect an ear infection when he woke up in the middle of the night both Saturday and Sunday night. I schedule an appointment for him Monday afternoon to have his ear looked at by the doctor. Before we got to that point, daycare called stating that he had a fever. By the time we got to the doctor's, his fever was 102.3 degrees. He was very fussy- not my usual happy baby. The only smile I got all afternoon was when I picked him up at daycare. Doctor Maves stated that he was borderline on another ear infection and prescribed an antibiotic. Ken and I prepared for a long night. It was a long afternoon. The only thing that made him happy was being strapped to us in the Baby Bjorn. We took turns walking with him. The Tylenol and antibiotic kicked in by 10:00 PM and the baby slept until 8:00 AM. He woke up with a 99.5 degree temp and was back to being our happy baby. He has to stay home from daycare for 24 hours after his fever breaks.


Last Tuesday, Josh's daycare report stated that he was beginning to army crawl after toys. They have a smooth mat for the children, so I think that it is easier for him to move. We haven't seen him do it yet. He much prefers to roll around to get his toys. He can really cruise around the floor by rolling. Yesterday he also learned another trick. He found his tongue. He'll even stick his out when you stick yours out.

No comments: