Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What have you bought for $3.14 lately?

As most people reading this know, I have a great relationship with my sister-in-law, Megan. One of the things that we have in common is that we both LOVE to save money. She introduced me to the art of coupon blogs. These are websites that match up sales to coupons.

Proctor and Gamble has monthly coupons. There are always good sales to go with these coupons. Megan and I will often go get extra newspapers on P&G week because of these deals. One of the "high value" coupons this month was a buy any Secret deodorant and get $5 off any Olay bar soap or body wash. This week at Walgreens, they had Olay bars on sale for $2. Then you can buy a sample size Secret for $0.99. This left $3.01 of the $5 coupons as a "moneymaker". I had 4 of these coupons today. I bought all the pictured deodorant, Olay and the diapers for a whopping $2.42. (Could've saved more if I'd have had a Huggies coupon!)

Then, the register spit out a $1 and a $2 Jingle Buck coupon. I applied those to the cookies and the wipes for a total second order of $0.72.

This was $36.30 worth of regularly priced merchandise for $3.14. Thanks sis for giving me such a fun hobby!



No comments: