Saturday, April 16, 2011

Our Little Book Worm

When I was a child, I loved books. I couldn't wait each month until the school book order forms came out. Mom and Dad made me use my own money to buy books because I would otherwise buy too many. I would read in the car, on the bus, and even during class sometimes. When Josh was born, I envisioned myself reading to him every, even as a baby, so that he'd learn. Unfortunately, I did it a little, but didn't have time to do too much. Nonetheless, our son has really developed an interest in books. I say interest because his attention span is still pretty short. I think that he likes the physical aspect of holding books and turning pages. His favorite books are the Hungry Caterpillar and a book of Fairy Tales. Josh spent the weekend with Grammy Wannemacher. It was his first weekend away from his house without Mommy and Daddy. He got to sit in his rocker and read with Grammy. This past week at Daycare was the "Week of the Child". They invited parents and grandparents in to read to the children. Since Josh's grandparents live out-of-town, they couldn't come and read. However, Josh's great-grandparents live in town. Great-Grandma Davis came in to read the Hungry Caterpillar on Monday. He was a little shy and had to sit on Mommy's lap. He wasn't shy once Great-Grandpa Lawrance started reading the Fairy Tale book on Thursday. He got up on Pop's lap and tried to turn the pages before Pop was done with each.

No comments: