Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Studying

Sorry it has been so long since I've written something on here. We've settled into a routine and routine isn't very exciting. I helped out with Jesus House two weeks ago and haven't posted that. I'll get something up in the next few days about that.

My main task right now is studying for my Friday A1 German exam. A1 is the first level of study out of 6 that my school offers. To go to the next level, you must pass the exam. This is a good thing. There are 7 of us in the class and maybe 2 are struggling. I can see them getting pretty far behind if they do not grasp the basic concepts. For you that know German, this exam will cover present and past perfect conjugation; akkusative, genative, and dative objects, articles and possesive and personal pronouns; prepositions; comparative and superlative adjectives; and modal verbs. The exam will be 4 hours and will include grammar, reading comprehension, listening, dictation, and writing a letter. I haven't taken a 4 hour exam since probably my SATs. I didn't even have that long of exams in college. I've been studying like mad. We had a study group this afternoon. It wasn't very helpful to me. I probably could have done more on my own. Oh, well, it was good group bonding and helped some people (I hope!)


L->R Estelle from France, Carlos from Spain, Keisuke (sp?) from Japan, Wanvisa from Thailand, and Asuza from Japan

No comments: