- Last Sunday I ran the Bramfelder half-marathon here in Hamburg. I got 8th out of 18 women. My time wasn't as great as the Mini or the Bloomington half in 2007. I went out way too fast and had to walk at the end.
- This week was my 3rd level final exam in German class and I got my best grade ever.
- On November 16, I'll be taking an internationally-recognized German exam for people at my level called the Zertifikat Deutch Prüfung. Often jobs or universities require this type of test to show proficiency. It isn't required for Colon (my language school), but I wanted it as something to take home to show what I've done here.
- First two weeks of November- Ken's project will be starting up. Initially this was planned for mid-December. They are ahead of schedule so....
- WE ARE COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! We will be arriving early evening December 14 and then leaving the US on December 28.
- AND Ken's work here will be done the end of January, so we'll be home for good the first of February.
- And after all that, you can see why I've begun to look for jobs. In November, I'll be cutting back my German classes to 1.5 hours a day from the 3 hr 45 minutes a day that I've been taking since March (with only July off). This will give me more time to send out resumes and apply for positions. I hope to be interviewing while we are home in December.
Friday, October 26, 2007
We're coming home!
It's been a while since we've posted because we haven't gone anywhere exciting lately. Some slightly interesting things that we've done (or will be doing) here are:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know we'll both be busy, but maybe we can squeeze you in??? We will be home Dec. 22 through Jan. 1st. Who knows if anything will work, but it doesn't hurt to try!
WOW! That's so exciting! Congratulations on the race results Kristy. We'll be praying for you Ken with your project. I know you've made the best of your trip. I have missed you and will look forward to seeing you whenever you can fit us in.
Safe travels (both times)
-- Choves
Post a Comment