Thursday, November 29, 2007

An International Thanksgiving

I made the mistake of turning on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade last Thursday. You never know what is going to make you homesick.

However, the "North American" girls decided to make a Canadian/US Thanksgiving. We had turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, Jenn's sesame seed bread, green bean casserole, "gefülte Eier" or deviled eggs (I didn't know they were common in Germany.), apple and pumpkin pie, and a Hazelnut torte. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.
From left to right: Serge (Cameroon, Africa), Judy (Germany), Thomas (Germany), Meggan (US), Chelsea (Canada), Eva-Maria (Germany), and Bettina (Germany)


CAUGHT!

Ken makes the best garlic, cheddar, bacon mashed potatoes!


My husband was a huge help to pull this off. (Pun intended!)

The assembly line.



"I ate too much!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's an impressive feast, and what a fun idea to have an internally shared Thanksgiving holiday :)

Jenn