Monday, March 3, 2008

"More Than" time

To answer Erin's comment to the last entry, we're not going to change the name of our blog at this time. We'll just be focusing on the "More Than" part of the title now that we are back in the US. Ken and I have found that this blogging thing is a good way to communicate with our family and friends without sending mass e-mails. If you want to know what is going on with us, you can keep reading these entries. Forgive the delays between entries, though. Our lives aren't that exciting!

Here is a recap of our time back in the US.
  • Our first week back was spent unpacking, discarding, donating and cleaning. We took everything out of our cupboards and closets and only put back part of the things. We had 3 boxes for Goodwill and even more for Mr. Garbage Man.
  • From Thursday evening Feb 21-Sunday Feb 24, we went up to northern Indiana to visit family. The first part of the weekend was with Ken's family in snowy North Webster. Scott, Megan, and Ethan came up Friday night so the whole family was there. It was Ethan's first time at Grandma and Granddad Lawrance's The lake was frozen, so M, S, and I went out walking on it.
  • On Sunday, Ken and I met Grandpa Sebold, Ellie, Mom, and her boyfriend Ron for church. We then celebrated Grandpa and Ellie's second wedding anniversary.
  • On Monday, Ken returned to work and I continued to unpack and clean. Ken is returning to work under the same boss, but rather than working as a process engineer, (engineer in charge of a part of the plant) he is now working as a project engineer on projects all over the plant and in other National Starch plants.
  • During the week, I visited friends and took care of things like taking the dog to the vet. The sad news was that our 7 1/2 year old dog is developing cataracts. This does not necessarily mean that she is going to go blind, but she could. I got her as a puppy, so this was a hard thing to accept.
  • This past weekend, the Lawrance family went to the final regular season home Butler game. BU beat Detroit by 34 points. It was Ethan's first Butler game. Papa Scott was so proud. I'll try to post a picture of them.
  • Over the weekend, I got bad news that my background check was not complete for Aetna. They are having to run an international check on me and that seems to be stalling the process. I'm not able to work tomorrow (Tuesday) either.

That should fill you in on the happenings here.

Kristy

1 comment:

Pam Markley said...

so um yeah. I am returning to the USA and own nothing and if you have anything you want to sell, um let me know i might be able to save you the trip to goodwill...as...like I said...I have nothing and will need everything!

Will be back in Indy in a few days!!!