I did it! I survived another 13.1 mile (21km) road race, the Indianapolis Mini Marathon. I was really happy with my time. My goal was 2 hours and 5 minutes and I ran it in 1 hour 59 minutes and 58 seconds. This route goes around the 2.5 mile (4 km) Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I was at turn 3 (a little over halfway) when the winners were shown on the jumbo-tron winning. For the first time ever, the race was a tie. They looked at video and photos and called it a tie.

My elementary school friend, Melissa (Kanning) Moore decided in January that she wanted to become a runner. She e-mailed me and asked about it. I told her that a good place to start would be with a 5km race, so she signed up to run the mini 5km. This was her first ever road race. I'm so proud of her for taking up this challenge. Next year she'll be in the Mini!
I also ran the race for Camp Lutherhaven. The group raised over $5000 for a new village in the woods. It reminds me of the Swiss Family Robinson. The cabins are elevated with bridges in between. There are firepoles to get down. I'll see if I can get a picture.

1 comment:
Congratulations on your awesome time and beating your goal. I could never be a runner, but I evny those who have the willpower to do it. Keep up the good, healthy lifestyle.
Love, Mandi
Post a Comment