Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Favorite Things

On December 5, my sister-in-law Megan and three dear friends, April, Jenn and Margaret threw our "Little One" a wonderful baby shower. They chose the theme "Favorite Things". The first thing that they did was ask the guests to share their favorite child/baby memory, baby product, or words of wisdom. It was so neat to have everyone stand up and share. The second surprise was that our game was the Price is Right. I FINALLY got to come on down! It was really good that I didn't get on the real show because baby products are a whole lot more expensive than I knew- especially diapers and formula. The menu was Kristy's favorite foods including cupcakes made in ice cream cones, punch with raspberries, and NO CHOCOLATE.

It was a wonderful experience- thank you ladies!!

Pictures can be found on our photo link.

1 comment:

Ewe said...

My grandma gave me the advice to treat the firstborn well at my baby shower. She died a month after my firstborn was born. I was very confused about that comment. Later (perhaps when I had number 2 or 3) I figured out her comment a little. The firstborn has no one to play with until you have more children. Then if you have more children then you expect the first to be helpful and play nice with the second.
I have lots of experience with 3 BOYS so if you need any advice, don't hestitate to call or e-mail! And if you have breastfeeding problems, don't hesitate to contact La Leche League or a lacatation consultant.