We got to the hospital around 7:30. By 8:00, I was in one of the maternity triage rooms where they checked my vitals, monitored the baby, and did an ultrasound to see where the Little Guy was resting. Still breech, so Dr. Payne did the version. He tried turning both directions, but the baby was not at all interested in turning. This process was rather painful, but I got to use my great Lamaze training and breathing. Ken did his coaching job well, too. So we did get our money's worth out of our class! Since the baby did not turn, we scheduled a c-section. They try to schedule them in Week 39. Ironically, the only day that Dr. Payne is on-call that week is March 2. This is Ken's dad's 60th birthday. We've already warned him that we are not going to try to beat this birthday present in the future!
The baby did really well during the procedure. In fact, the nurse was ready to release us early based on his condition. It was me that had difficulty, so Ken made the decision to wait the full 30 minutes. I started to get really hot during the procedure and the room started closing in- the two signs of a Kristy pass-out. They get me onto my side for better circulation and a cool cloth. At least since I was lying in bed, I didn't have anywhere to fall during this pass out! I haven't had any problems since then except some pain. My belly feels like I had a really hard ab workout- sore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment