Monday, May 3, 2010

2 Months Old

(Written Monday, May 3)

Sunday Josh turned two months old. He gave Mom and Dad a gift by sleeping through the night for the first time Saturday night. He did it again Sunday night.


Today we had his two-month doctor appointment. Everything looks good. He has really grown. He is 10 lbs 12 oz (28th percentile) and 23.75" long (80th percentile). For a child that was put onto supplemental feedings at birth, that was all excellent news. Josh has been spitting up a lot lately. Dr. Maves said that this is normal. She would be concerned if he refused to eat or was losing weight. Neither is true. She said that children usually outgrow this by six months of age since they start sitting up more.
Josh got his first round of shots today. He screamed and got really bright red. Ken looked devastated. I thought that he was going to cry with sympathy pains. It showed how much Ken loves his little Buddy. I'm .such a huge fan of immunizations that I was really happy that Josh got them. I want him to be able to be around people without concern that he is going to catch something from them that could have been prevented.
He's slept most of the afternoon, so he can't be in too much pain. We'll be giving him Tylenol just in case.

UPDATE: Due to all of his sleep, he woke up in the middle of the night. We fed him and gave him another dose and he slept the rest of the night. We were pleased.

Josh likes kisses! He tries to eat my mouth when I kiss him.

1 comment:

Ewe said...

This is wonderful news about his weight. My Joshua didn't make it to 10 lbs until he was 4 months old which is why he had to go to a specialist. Joshu just looks healthy instead of skinny. I'm so happy for you guys.
I keep thinking that I'll send your baby present when I see more photos of him, but it's still sitting here. It's not even a big deal of a present! I'll surprise you some day!