Sunday, May 23, 2010

Letting go... Part 1 of a lifetime

Today was a big day for me and Josh. I left him in the church nursery for the first time. My good friend April was in the baby room, so it was no more than leaving him with a friend. So why did I cry as I left? This was a big step. I left my baby... My friend Joyce runs KidsWorld at East 91st and I passed her as I headed out of the Children's Wing. (Yes, our church has a whole wing for children!) She saw my tears and said, "You are allowed to be a mom and have tears."

She's right. I'm truly a mom. My ultimate job as a mom is to raise Josh to be a man of God that can leave my house and make a difference for the Kingdom out in the world. Sure, that is many years from now, but there are going to be steps like today throughout his life that aren't going to be easy. I wouldn't be a mom if those were easy. I just love my little guy so much.

Tomorrow morning Josh visits his daycare for the first time. Thursday and Friday, I will return to work while my mom and stepdad watch the baby. Josh will start daycare the following Tuesday.

No comments: