
Back Row: Left to Right: BJ Lee (US), Judith Eichstaedt (Ger), Cuba Eichstaedt (born in Spain but now lives in Germany), me (in case you forget what I look like), Eva-Maria Siegals (Ger), Steffen Eichstaedt (Ger), Priscilla MacDonald (Australia), and Chelsea Winter (Canada),
Front Row: Luther Lee (Ger)
This group of people is one of my two Bible Study groups. The group started to do a study called, "Starting Point" which is an overview of the Bible designed for people who are not Christians or recently became Christians. Often people who have been a Christian for a while also join it.
BJ Lee and I co-lead the group. He is a Texan who married a German he met in an airport. It was a Romance novel love story. Now he and his wife Sylvia live here with their daughter Phillipa. He teaches English to make money while he works on a Masters Degree in theology.
Judith Eichstaedt is probably the person that I spend the most time with here outside of Ken. And I love it! She is a fitness trainer so her afternoons are free like mine. She is training to be a Pilates instructor. One day earlier this summer, she asked if she could practice on me. I was elated. The kind of personalized, me-specific training that she has given me would cost probably over $60 an hour in the US. She's been training me at her house twice a week. We also then tack on fun things like dog walks in the park and trips to the pool with our work-out.
That leads to Cuba. He is 4-5 months old. Judith and Steffen got him at 8 weeks old when their other dog died. He has been a wonderful comfort to me when I miss Aggie. Judith sheepishly asked if I could take care of him sometime since, next to her and Steffen, "You are the person he knows best." That was music to the dog lover's ears. Ken and I got to watch him Saturday. He was so good. I also now know obedience commands in German. My next dog will be bilingual.

Eva-Maria is a woman who is passionate for Jesus. I love spending time with her for that reason. She also has a cool job. She is in the hotel industry and currently is working in management for a hotel that is staffed by people with disabilities.
Steffen is Judith's husband. He co-owns a business that sells fitness, rehabilitation equipment for hospitals and therapy practices.
Priscilla and Chelsea are two of my four dancer friends. (Ken'll have to take a picture of the other Bible Study that we're in to show you the other two.) Priscilla is starting her last year of ballet school next week and will be looking for professional jobs this year. Chelsea is a member of the world-renowned Hamburg Ballet.
I don't know too much about Luther, so I'll just have to pass on that one.

2 comments:
FYI, Cuba and Luther are the dogs. I always get confused when dogs have last names. Where I come from, dogs don't have last names, so I'm still learning this concept.
I loved the picture of Cuba! He looks so much like Aggie when she was a puppy!! :)
Post a Comment