Friday, November 16, 2007

Uncle Ken and Aunt Kristy

Welcome to the world, Ethan Charles Lawrance!!

Wow! The words aunt and uncle sound so cool! I thought I'd have trouble hearing my husband called Uncle Ken since I have an Uncle Ken Bredemeier, but I don't anymore. Just look at this little guy- how can you not want to be aunt and uncle to such an adorable baby?

I spent some time last night (couldn't get to sleep for 2 and a half hours after the news) thinking about my relationships with my aunts and uncles. They were pretty special. Ken and Judi's dogs were always the best part of Christmas at the Bredemeiers for me. I learned much of what I've taught Aggie from watching Judi and Joy train their big dogs. I remember spending the night at Dave and Joy's- that was cool stuff. Even though I hate to shop, I couldn't wait for my shopping trips with Aunt Judi because I had her all to myself.

As an aunt, I want to especially be like my Uncle Dave. I have incredible memories of him as a child. He invested so much time in me. He was always the one who would go play with me while the grown-ups talked. He never grew tired of singing the Aggelina Magelina song- or at least he never let me know that he did. I remember sitting in Dave and Joy's family room making multiple drawings of Aggelina because I could never get that "one [tooth] pointed north and the other south" part just right. (Did anyone other than me ever wonder what kind of disease this woman had to only have 2 hairs, 2 teeth, and a red and a green eye?) Thank you Dave for being my role model!

Here is the Scott Lawrance family picture. For those of you who want more details about my nephew, here is the message that Scott and Megan sent out. The pictures on their blog are really good.
"Megan and I would like to welcome Ethan Charles Lawrance to our family. He was born today [11/15/07] at 6:54pm and weighed 5 pounds, 6 oz and was 18in long. Both baby and mom are doing well, but tired from a long day.

As some of you know, our original c-section time of 12pm was pushed back to 3pm and then pushed again to 5pm and then again to 7pm. This made for a long day for everyone, but in the end Megan and Ethan pulled things through with flying colors.

Here are a couple of pictures from today. You can see more by going to our blog at
www.scottandmeganlawrance.blogspot.com and checking out the Photos link on the right hand side of the page. I'll try to keep posting pictures and info as we go along so check that website to stay up to date. "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Uncle Ken and Aunt Kristy! And congratulations to you, Scott and Megan! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your comments and touching memories of aunts and uncles.

Congratulations to Uncle Ken and Aunt Kristy as well as to the new momma and new poppa !!!

There are lots of great features to being an aunt/uncle that are really cool. Like, stuff your nephew full of sugar treats that he's requested and get to be the "coolest" aunt/uncle.... and then send home little nephew to mom and dad. They'll LOVE you! lol Another great thing (my husband can confess to this) is getting little nephew all riled up and hyper before sending him home where mom and dad have to put him to bed. LOL One day when he's old enough to play an instrument you can buy him a drumset, wow you'd definitely be the coolest aunt and uncle around. uhhhh but not the coolest sister in law and brother in law so scratch those ideas.

Joking aside this is an exciting time for the Lawrance side. Praise God and congratulations! We'll be praying for a good healthy recovery for Scott, Megan, and baby! It won't be TOOOO terribly long before you get to hold him too! Congratulations another time!

Jenn