Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fort Wayne Shower

My mom remarried last March. With this, I got a whole new family. The Wannemachers have been amazing in welcoming Mom, Jeff, and me into their family. As adults, Ryan, Rhonda and Dusty didn't have to give us the time of day. Yet, they've really opened their hearts and lives to us.
On the 17th, Rhonda and Ashley threw Little Guy and us a baby shower. It was a wonderful time. Pictures are posted in the photos link to the left. Here are a few that made me smile.
Sarah, Julie, Mandi, Melissa and I were in high school band together. Sarah and I worked
at Camp Lutherhaven the same summer. Julie's mom and mine pushed us in our strollers together. Mandi and I went to kindergarten together and battled in 2nd grade as to whose brother would be born first. They were both due the same week. Hers came early and I actually cried. She already had a brother. It wasn't fair that she got her second brother before I got my first. Melissa and I met in fourth grade when we both started playing clarinet.

We played a game where everyone had to guess how big around I was. My mother-in-law was the winner.




The cake was made of ice cream. Yummy. Ashley's baby seems to have liked it, too!



1 comment:

Ewe said...

Some years we have come back to FW this time of year, but it didn't work too well to travel with children with weather. I wanted to come to your shower so badly and there was also another baby shower in Fort Wayne the same day that I wanted to go to. It wasn't to be. I have your present sitting here-hopefully I can get it in the mail soon.