Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cozumel- Day 1

Greetings from Cozumel, Mexico. Our latest adventure took us south yesterday. We were quickly reminded that Mexico = Flexico. We got in at 1:30 and did not get to our room until 4:00. Customs, immigration, and check-in were all very slow.

Our resort was worth the wait. We are staying at the Wyndham resort. It is a three part, all-inclusive resort. There is a family section, an adults only section (Sabor- where we are staying) and a members only section. We really like it and would recommend it for families and couples.

This morning we went SCUBA diving. It was great to be underwater after a 2 year hiatus. The first dive was a steep reef with many swim-throughs. This was a good opening dive to get used to diving again. It was a good test of buoyancy. We saw more on the second dive- lobsters, grouper, flounder, and a turtle and a nurse shark. The only thing missing were the rest of the Lawrances. Megan, I thought of you with every angel fish. Ken’s mission is to get a great picture of one for you!

We returned to the resort and enjoyed an afternoon by the pool. Ken and I joined in on the afternoon activity of “Mayan sacrifice”. This was a “triathlon” of swimming, running up steps, sliding down a slide, swimming, and then chugging a beverage. I beat Ken and some of the other men, so I was happy. We got talking with some of the other guests during that game and they invited us to play water volleyball afterwards. It was a blast.

2 comments:

Megan Lawrance said...

Did you say "turtle, turtle, turtle...eagle ray, eagle ray, eagle ray" before your dive? It always worked in Belize!

Kristy Lawrance said...

I will after today's dive! Stay tuned for that post...