Friday, March 13, 2009

Days 5 & 6- Eagle ray, Eagle ray, Eagle ray!!!!

Day 5 (Thursday) was another rest day. Ken gave me a belated Valentine’s present by scheduling me a morning at the spa. I got to enjoy the sauna, Jacuzzi, a massage and skin treatment. If I were to win the lottery, this is the lifestyle of the rich in which I would partake. I don't need fancy cars, big mansions or expensive jewelry, but I really like spa treatments!

Thursday was our only day of rain, so like true Lawrances (or Bredemeiers for that matter) we play cards. The rain cleared and we played more volleyball in the pool.

Day 6 (Friday) was our last day here. L At breakfast, I said the chant that we learned in Belize “Eagle ray, eagle ray, eagle ray… Turtle, turtle, turtle.” I was missing my sister-in-law and so I did this one for her. Low and behold, it worked. On our first dive we saw a turtle surfacing. On the second dive we all saw an eagle ray. They are really hard to photograph, but Ken swam his heart out into the swift current to bring you all these pieces of beauty.

We spent the last afternoon soaking up our last dose of UV rays for a few months and then packing. Boo hoo…

,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds amazing! I'm glad to hear you're having a great time.

Jenn Chester