Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

We tried to replicate this event that our former pastor did tonight. http://www.jonathanbow.com/carry_the_light/2007/10/the-big-questio.html I bought 48 hotdogs and buns and 50 packets of hot chocolate for only $16 at Aldi's. It was a warm night in the 60s, so no one wanted hot chocolate. Everyone had eaten so we didn't give out any hot dogs. But we actually spoke to our next door neighbors. I know that sounds bad, but our neighborhood does not socialize. Sitting out on the driveway for two hours was worth it for that. Our church has over 4000 people. We learned that our next door neighbor goes there, too. She's a single mom of a 4 or 5 year old. It was fun to get to talk to her.

2 comments:

Erin said...

And you're stuck with all that hot chocolate! Wow...

I take it you're feeling better? :)

Margaret said...

That's a pretty neat idea. We only had 3 visitors though, over 2.5 hours, so I'm not sure it would work in our neighborhood... =(