Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 2: San Diego


Jeff took us to his church today, Shadow Mountain Community Church. The pastor there is Dr. David Jeremiah.

After church, we went down to Pacific Beach to a sports bar. The Colts were on at 10am here. We were happy to finally have a home victory. It was really a great place to watch football. San Diego is home to people from all over the nation. They remain loyal to their team, so the bar was a rainbow of jerseys.


After the game, we toured the USS Midway, a retired aircraft carrier. It was really interesting to see how our Navy live and work on a carrier. It also got me seriously thinking about the election. Our next president will be commander in chief. (Duh, I know) However, I've been consumed with analyzing the health care and economic policies of the candidates. I did not stop to think that the man that we elect will be in charge of all those planes, carriers, and troops. After seeing this ship, I need to add that to my list.

1 comment:

Wisener Family said...

Jeff, Nathan and I were in San Diego just the week before you were there. We toured the USS Midway also. Nathan had a great time walking through all of the doorway (I guess that's fun for a 2 year old). To bad we weren't in CA at the same time, that would have been quite a coincidence.
---Mandi