
Our lives are not very exciting back in the States- we haven't had anything to blog since June! As our faithful blog readers know, you can't keep the Lawrances from traveling for very long! That gives us something to type about. This time we are in California visiting my brother Jeff.
The trip started out with first-class upgrades for both of us. This was a big deal to me. With all of our traveling last year, we were very close to getting elite frequent flyer mile status at the end of the year. I'm a very competitive person, so getting this status was a game and I was obsessed with it. I made Ken schedule our Christmas trip home so that we returned to Germany before January 1. It was just enough to get us both a year of elite status. Then, we return to the US and
I don't travel at all. Ken has traveled for work and gotten at least 2 first class upgrades due to his status, but I, the one that was obsessed with earning it, didn't use it. Then, for my first trip since returning from Europe, Ken used miles to get my ticket. It turns out that miles' tickets don't get upgraded. He bought his ticket and got an upgrade notice two days before the trip. Go figure! Vacationing with my husband and I don't even get to sit with him. Luckily, when we showed up at the airport and our flight was overbooked. They upgraded me. Kristy actually won the elite status game!! We had left very early Saturday morning, so having the extra space in first class allowed us a good nap before we got to California.
I don't travel at all. Ken has traveled for work and gotten at least 2 first class upgrades due to his status, but I, the one that was obsessed with earning it, didn't use it. Then, for my first trip since returning from Europe, Ken used miles to get my ticket. It turns out that miles' tickets don't get upgraded. He bought his ticket and got an upgrade notice two days before the trip. Go figure! Vacationing with my husband and I don't even get to sit with him. Luckily, when we showed up at the airport and our flight was overbooked. They upgraded me. Kristy actually won the elite status game!! We had left very early Saturday morning, so having the extra space in first class allowed us a good nap before we got to California.
We got to San Diego around 10:30. Jeff picked us up at the airport and we went back to his house to freshen up. We went to In and Out Burger, a southern CA tradition, for lunch. After that, Jeff took us around town. It is so nice to go somewhere and have an insider there to show you around. We took a two-hour harbor book tour and then went to Sunset beach to watch the sun go down. 

No comments:
Post a Comment