Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 8 (Saturday)- Central Switzerland

Ken had a number one priority to get online to find where to buy a new camera. We found the one that he wanted in Luzern and bought it. We now have pictures again. It wound up being about $50 more than what we’d pay for the same model in the US, but probably worth it to have pictures from the rest of the trip (which will be downloaded daily for the rest our time).

Ines, Ken, and I took a boat across the Vierwaldstättersee (only tourists call it Lake Luzern) to a small town, Beckenried. There we took a tram up Klewenalp and sledded down. Yes, I said “sledded”. They have a huge sledding trail. You hike about 3 km (1.8 miles) and sled the rest. You end up in another town and have to take a bus ride. It took us 2.5 hour from the time that we bought our tram ticket. It was like an amusement park ride. Amazingly, this was really, really fun. I don’t think we’ll be able to go sledding in Indy again, on the oft chance we get snow, after experiencing this!


Check out Kristy's stylish look! At least I am warm!

Beautiful sunset over the mountain.

No comments: