Sunday, February 3, 2008

New Job for Kristy

I wanted to let you know that I have a job. I am SO excited about it because it is the perfect fit for me. I will be working for Schaller Anderson (subsidiary of Aetna) on the Advantage Care Select program. Care Select is a program for aged, blind, and disabled (ABD) Medicaid recipients. This program only started November 1 in the Central region and goes statewide March 1. It provides high-need, high-cost clients with a care coordinator. The care coordinator helps them navigate the system and better manage their healthcare. The goal is to try to get them early intervention and preventative care so that they don't need emergency room or other high-cost care later. When I was working for the state, I help design and implement Medicaid Select, the ABD program that preceded this one. I also worked on the early design phases of Care Select. It thrills me to be a part of implementing this new program.
I will be the Community Liaison or at least that is what they have been using as a working title over the last few days. We might come up with something better later. The position is brand-new and designed specifically for me. They needed someone who understands Indiana Medicaid operations and the state's health advocacy and community resource environment. The rough outline of the position has me building relationships with community partners, training staff on Medicaid and community resources as well as some operations project management.
I don't have a starting date yet, but the family reminds me that I do need a little time back in the US to unpack from a year in Europe. I'm just so excited about this that I can't think of anything else but jumping in and getting going.

No comments: