Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Birthday Recap (Part 2)

After moving to recovery, Kristy and Josh's vitals were taken frequently to ensure mom and son were both doing well. Interesting side note, is that we found out that the nurse is married to a family that has a summer place on Lake Webster just done the street from where my parents live). I started calling family with the news at this time and was bouncing off the walls. During this time, Josh got his first bath and nursed for the first time. After this he got to meet grandma Wannemacher and Ron, who were more than excited to meet him.

After our time in recovery, Kristy and Josh were wheeled up to the 3rd floor to our post-partem room where we will be until Friday morning. Here we we have been accepting visitors all day and at one time had crammed in here Kristy's dad (grandpa Mel), mom and step dad, Kristy's cousin Andy, and our friends Jason and Margaret.

The biggest curveball of the day for me was after lunch. Grandpa Mel (who drove in from Washington DC and I went to lunch in the hospital cafeteria. My eyes were bigger than my stomach, and I ended up only eating half my meal, which ended up good since I threw it all back up in the evening. I think I ended up with food poisoning, from one of the dishes. This made me miserable, with dry heaves throughout the afternoon before it decided to let loose (conveniently while our big roomful of guests were here. I felt much better after that, and was able to walk around again (only comfortable spot was laying down). Unfortunately, the quesyness came back before bedtime and I had to be pretty disengaged while Kristy fed Josh at 9pm.

We finally went to bed at 10pm, and sent Josh to the nursery so mom and dad could get some much needed sleep. Easier said than done though, since the comfort level for non babies is not that accomodating to sleep.

We woke Josh up at about 2am this morning for his early morning feed and he seems to be doing a better job; a quick learner!

Time for mom and dad to attempt to get some much needed sleep. I hope to post pictures tomorrow and provide further updates.

Ken

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! Hope day 2 is better for your quesyness too.
-Choves