Kristy, Josh, and I went to Dr. Maves' office today to get the little guy checked out. I think it's safe to say that both mommy and daddy were anxious to see how he was doing, given the weight issues at the hospital. We're proud to say that Josh now checks in at 6lb 3.5oz! Meaning that he has gained 4.5 ounces in the two days since we came home from the hospital, which is great, as the doctors expect about an ounce to 1.5 ounce per day weight gain.
Last night was better than the previous. Josh got fussy at about 8:30 last night, and once again, we were searching for answers (which is a little easier to do at that hour than it is at 1am. One trick that several have suggested and one that I've heard of before is to put him in a car seat and take him for a drive. I decided to give this a try at about 9:30 after Kristy was trying to calm him for an hour. This posed two benefits; a-try to get Josh to calm down and b-let Kristy get some uninterupted sleep without a crying baby around, as she was exhausted. It only took Josh about 1 mile to calm down. We proceeded to drive on the interstates for about 45 minutes or an hour, and he was calm as can be. However, when we pulled back into the neighborhood, he started fussing again. We traded off again and Kristy finally got him to eat at about 12:30 and we got him to stay relaxed the rest of the evening with some close supervision. He slept in several 4 hour shifts, with Kristy and I each taking one shift.
Tonight we gave Josh his first bath at home. We were warned by the doctors that he wouldn't really like it. Most of it he didn't; very much like a diaper change. But seemed to really like (or at least not mind) having his hair washed. Funny.
He're hoping and praying for a good night's sleep tonight for all three!
Ken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congratulations to you both! Josh is so adorable!
Once you get settled, Susan Allemeier and I would love to come visit and bring some goodies! :)
I'll touch base with you in a week or so.
Love,
Barb May
sleeping in 4 hour blocks is pretty common for newborns and that is good. time probably feels like it is dragging, but this phase doesn't last forever. :)
Hi Kris & Ken, and of course, little Josh! Congratulations on the new addition to your family! He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him. I love reading your blog and seeing how everything is going. Plus, you're giving me some insight into my future. :)
Hugs,
Katie Fabbro
Post a Comment