It is SO hard to believe that Josh has been in our lives a whole week. Time really flies. Here is a picture of Josh watching the Butler Horizon League Championship game with daddy. This might be the first picture that we have of his eyes open. He jumped a mile with the flash!
Josh and I went on our first "outing". We went to a breastfeeding support group at Community North Hospital. There were about 20 moms of 0-4 month old babies in the room. Lactation consultants walk around to answer questions. They have a scale in the room where you can weigh your baby before and after feeding to get an idea of
what he takes in during a feeding.
I've been amazed at the support that I've gotten to do what God designed moms to do from the start. The lactation consultants at St.Vincent Women's Hospital were fabulous. They visited me every day while I was in the hospital and even called me at home today to check. My company, Aetna, has a program called "Mothers at Work". They provide phone lactation support over the phone and Medela pumps for only $40 (regularly $279). They called today as well.
We definitely feel very blessed by all the support from friends, family, and coworkers.
Kristy

1 comment:
Aww! I was at work that day! Next time you come to the group (if there is a next time? not sure how that program works...), come visit me in the Peds unit! :)
Post a Comment