Monday, January 22, 2007

Colts Bittersweet Victory

As I'm sure everyone knows, the Colts are finally headed to the Superbowl! And while this victory continues my amazing sports season (StL Cardinals winning the World Series, Butler ranked #11 in the college basketball polls) it kept me up in the wee hours of the morning and groggy at work. While everyone was watching the conclusion to the game at 9 or 10 pm Sunday night, I found myself waking up at 3am and not able to get back to sleep. My plan (since I had to work Monday morning was originally to get up a little early on Monday and check the coverage and results. But of course when my body woke up at 3am I knew I had to watch the rest of the game.

So I fired up the computer, turned on the Slingbox and pickup the game at the end of the 3rd quarter when the Colts were rallying. Looking back, I'm sure glad I wasn't awake for the 1st half!! Of course I watched the rest of the game and the postgame coverage. By the time I was trying to go back to sleep at 5:30 am I was still too wound up and really didn't get anymore sleep. So I arrived at work today slow and tired, but don't get me wrong; the sweetness far outweighs the bitterness!

Ken

1 comment:

Kristy Lawrance said...

They won so that you could have one last big screen HD-TV moment with your team. After all, Scott and Megan's pastor said that God is a Colts fan. Preachers never lie. :)

Kristy