All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. I'm just waiting on a coworker of mine that is staying in the same place I am to get back so I can take one of my suitcases down to leave it here for the next three weeks. I'll then get a few hours of sleep before I wake up at 4:30 am for the long day ahead. I thought the early Northwest flight (departs Hamburg at 7am, arrives at Indy at 4:30 pm) was a good idea when I booked it. Looking back now, I think it would have been smarter to take the later flight (departing at 10am).
Anyone that has flown back from Europe knows that the jet lag isn't anywhere near as bad as it is travelling to Europe. However, the beauty of flying from Europe to the US is that you usually land within a few hours of of bed time, so all you have to do is stay up a few extra hours, go to sleep, and the next morning you are good to go. This means that it really doesn't do any favors to leave earlier, as your day becomes several hours longer; ie getting up at 4:30am CET and still staying up until 10pm EST (awake for 23.5 hours)! And don't say, just sleep some on the flight back. Yeah right! Doesn't work for me.
But, it will be worth it as Kristy will be picking me up at the airport and I'll get to see her 5 hours sooner! I'm definitely excited about that part! So this will be the last post from Europe for a couple of weeks. Kristy and I will both fly back on Feb. 20th after lots of hectic running around in Indy and a relaxing family vacation in sunny (and warm!) Belize.
Ken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment