Friday, January 19, 2007

Hurricanes in Hamburg

The last 24 hours in Hamburg have been quite interesting. Germany, and all of Europe, have been experiencing "Hurricane like winds." Now, it's not really a hurricane but apparently it feels like one. Hamburg has been saved from the most damaging winds, which occurred in southern Germany, well over 100 mph. While the winds only reached a constant 60 mph or so last night, it sure was difficult walking home from class last night. The winds were so strong throughout Germany that the DeutcheBahn shut down all trains running throughout the country.

Then I woke up this morning and it was raining hard, with no signs of let up. Luckily one of my colleagues from the US is staying here this week at the same hotel, so I didn't feel as bad about taking a taxi to work this morning!

One other note is that Kristy and I now have a place to live! I promise to report back on this shortly!

Ken

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you know what it's like to live in Florida! haha!

Erin:)