We arrived in Hamburg around 7:00 AM Tuesday local time after leaving Newark at 6:00 PM Monday. I only was able to sleep 2 hours on the plane, so the jet lag is hitting hard. It is a good thing that Ken scheduled a city tour in the afternoon or I would have slept the entire day.Peter, National Starch's taxi driver took us around town. I can wait to jog the 9.5km path around the Alster lake. It is about the same distance as my Lake Webster run.
I now have a list of things to do with visitors, so you'd better come see us! We went up into the observation deck of St. Michel's Lutheran church. The view was nice but VERY cold. The design of the sanctuary reminded me a lot of St. Paul's church in Fort Wayne.

There are also boat tours of the lakes, canals, and the Elbe river. There are a number of malls and shopping areas downtown for you shopping types and a beautiful city park for those of us who are not. We didn't get to tour the Reeperbahn or red light district, nor do I plan to.

2 comments:
Ken and Kristy,
Glad to hear that you made it in nice and safe and love the blog. Keep the pictures coming and hope you have a great time over there. See you both soon!
Scott and Megan
I love it! I also wanted to know what a blog was all about. Now I get to participate!
Have fun house hunting and checking out your surroundings.
Kristy, glad to hear your are scouting for all of us.
Happy Birthday to Kristy towmorrow
(Jan 4th)
Love you both!
Mom L.
Post a Comment