Friday, January 5, 2007

Flat hunting


Just a quick note before bed. We finally got to go flat-hunting. We saw the gamut from the one that smelled like someone had died in it to the one owned by a breaking-up couple who wouldn't work together at all to the fifth floor one with 88 steps to the spacious, beautifully furnished flat with a sunroom in the sky that opens out to a balcony. Unfortunately, the last two are the same flat and is probably my favorite. You can see my "Omigoodness, I love this!" look in the picture. I can picture having my God times in that landing when I can't go out in the balcony. We are just really hesitant about the steps. I haven't had knee problems since the marathon, but if either of us would get injured, we'd be sunk.
Ken is going to look at some more with the relocation company next week and e-mail me videos of the results.

I'm heading home tomorrow. Ken will be staying another 4 weeks.


Kristy

2 comments:

Matt said...

Kristy, you look like you found Ed McMahon at the top of the stairs and he's saying "You may already be a millionare!"

Anonymous said...

That is so fun! My only suggestion is to get a flat with windows that open both up and sideways - that was one of my favorite things about Germany! (It's silly, I know, but you have to take pleasure in the little things...)