Sunday, January 14, 2007

Revelation in Hamburg

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb (Rev 7:9).

Today I attended church at the International Baptist Church of hamburg. This in and of itself was a bit daunting as I was taking another step out and travelling out to the west side of Hamburg by myself via the public transportation. I've got the U-bahn and S-bahn (subway) down pretty good now, but this trip involved switching at the final subway stop and getting on a bus. I know, it doesn't sound difficult, but a whole new aspect is added on when you don't speak the language. So I went to where I thought the bus would pick me up, but after waiting for about 10 minutes it never came (it turns out that it picked up at a different location, oops!). So I hailed a taxi and took it the rest of the way there. It's kinda funny that the church meets in a retirement home!

After finding my way to the church, I was so glad that I went. I walked in and it felt a small bit like what John saw in his vision in Revelation; there were people from all over the world in here. I sat next to someone from Trinidad, was greeted by someone from the Philippines, the head pastor is from Wales, and the associate pastor that preached was from Ghana. And there is something about worshipping in an international environment that just sends shivers down my spine. Totally awesome! I look forward to many more Sunday's at IBC and getting to know everyone there. While this church is quite a bit different from what I am used to at E91, IBC has sound teaching and great community. Now, if I could just find an easier way to get there!

Ken

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying all of the news from you. We missed you these past few days but i have enjoyed my time with the dog and Kristy. Grandpa and Grandma just left.The Colts are ready for the big day and so are Jeff and Mel. Of course they will be at the game. Don't forget to get a big hoist to get me up to your new apartment. HA!
love Mom B.

Anonymous said...

Ken, I am now registered to respond in the future. Yippee! Have a good week.
Mel